#1 – Prospect to Power
#2 – Understand customer problem & impact
- The Need Diagnostic: How Buyers Decide
- Brain Science and Decision Making: How Buyers Decide in B2B Sales
- Dispassionate Diagnosis: The Key to Consultative Selling
- The B2B Elements of Value
- Co-Create the Solution with the Buyer
- The Perfect Discovery Call Checklist
#3 – Knowledge of process and what it takes
#4 – Spot roadblocks in process and solve
- How to Close a Sale
- Zombie Sales Deals: Dead & Still on Your Forecast
- Why Buyers Don’t Buy
#5 – Care deeply about deployment and customer success
#6 – Know how to use resources
#7 – Know your product and company
- You Are Not a Lone Wolf
- Cross Functional Team Action Plan
- Major Opportunity Pursuit Plan
- Capability Translator
#8 – Understand market trends
#9 – Do you, but keep learning
- The Software Sales Star Coaching Model
- How Your Beliefs Impact Sales Success
- Discover Your Formula for Change
#10 – Give/Get
#11 – Always ask questions
#12 – Have fun and make it fun for others
#13 – Never give up
This concise checklist was shared with me by Phil Galardi.
He credits #1 – #8 to our mutual friend, Adam Clay.
Adam has started up and turned around a series of spectacularly successful tech companies. His latest was Black Duck Software, acquired by Synopsys in 2017.
Synopsys bought Black Duck at a premium and cited the sales culture that Adam built and Phil exemplifies as one of the reasons they willingly paid more.