6 Rules for Sales Conversations
Before you pitch, remember these important rules:
- Prospects become customers for their reasons, not your reasons.
- Prospects love their own ideas and find them more persuasive than any idea you have.
- Prospects will resist your ideas.
- Prospects seldom initially share the real reasons that they would want to buy from you.
- The real reasons that people buy might have nothing to do with the product.
- The real reasons that people buy always have more to do with feelings than with facts.
Understanding these rules separates effective salespeople from those who play the “pitch-and-pray” lottery.