SALES DEVELOPMENT BOOTCAMP
A two-day hands-on workshop, focused on the unique challenges of using the
phone, email and social media to generate sales qualified leads.
Virtual via Zoom
What to wear
What to bring
The Sales Development Bootcamp is designed for:
- Sales Development Reps (SDR’s)
- Business Development Reps (BDR’s)
- Salespeople who prospect.
- Sales or Marketing leaders who want to build an optimized approach to generating, qualifying and following up on sales leads.
It is not another sales process. It is about the details of leading these initial sales conversations.
It is not technique-only. It is an opportunity to update your mental map; questioning and changing fundamental beliefs about engaging in the early phase of the buyer’s journey.
It is not theory. It is rooted in a novel level of research that breaks through sales myths and provides proven sales development tactics you can walk out and use the next day.
Most sales training is endured and forgotten. It’s not that salespeople don’t want new sales strategies, but if the message is stale and generic, no one listens.
In the Sales Development Bootcamp there is no fluff – just fast, effective sales training. The bootcamp is an interactive two-day workshop that provides a safe learning laboratory where you can explore new concepts and tactics.
SDR’S AND BDR’S WILL LEARN:
- The Anatomy of the
- Perfect Cold Call
- Perfect Lead Follow-Up Call
- How to organize your day.
- How to organize and prepare for your calls using the Capabilities Translator.
- A proven way to avoid early objections that shut the call down.
- Proven tactics to avoid false rapport and to establish likeability and credibility quickly.
- The proper role and sequence of calls, emails, voicemails and social media in sales Development.
- What makes a lead sales qualified.
SALES LEADERS WILL DISCOVER AN APPROACH THAT IS:
- Built for customization.
- Simple, clear and teachable.
- Coachable, using the perfect outbound call coach’s checklist.
"When I first heard about this program, I was a little jaded. After 90 days in their territories, 80% of these new reps are now performing at or above quota, compared to 20% at the same point last year. Our business has grown so much that we hired 12 new reps… We really believe in this program. "
Director Federal Direct Marketing Division, Oracle
"The training that we received in Ottawa in January was amazing. I personally, have never had so much fun making cold calls. The techniques & examples that you shared have transformed my initial contacts with Fortune 1000 companies that I am calling. I am having a blast! I am identifying real prospects, and by not wasting their time (and my companies time), I am shortening the sales process, and seeing more success."
Inside Sales Representative, QWEST Software
“It has only been one month since our training, but already I have drastically increased my productivity. Through the use of my new skills I have been able to build better, stronger relationships with my prospects and customers on the phone, as well as better articulate their needs. I cannot say enough how helpful that short time with you has been, especially making the prospecting part work like it never has before."
Sales Rep, FastLane Technologies
“Steve – The training was absolutely phenomenal…your presentation is charismatic, energizing and absolutely a no fail money making proposition. The system is being adopted by a number of our customers - we feel it is a tremendous competitive weapon!! Jackie and I are absolutely shell shocked by how effectively you motivated our troops to get on the phone and prospect!"
- Cheri Comstock
CEO, Focus Tech
Overview of the SDR Role in Tech Companies
- The Problem SDR’s/BDR’s Solve
- Why Inside Sales Organizations are Growing in 2018
- Why the SDR/BDR Role is a Good Place to Start Your Career
Examples of the Best Tech Sales Development Organizations
- How the Best Become the Best
- Treat Sales Like a Sport
- Behind Great Performance is Great Process
- Intensive Mastery Phase
- Integration of Sales and Marketing Traditions
- Benchmarks the Best SDR’s/BDR’s Achieve Today
- Social Patterns and Preventing Objections
- Trust on Purpose
- Understand the science behind why people like you and trust you – or not
- How to adjust to the widest range of personalities possible
- One simple tactic that makes almost everyone like you instantly
- The Law of Paradoxical Intent: How to make it work for you when you are prospecting
- Create a role-reversal so that the buyer convinces you
Anatomy of a Seven-Step Cold Call
- The Cognitive Mobilizer: Prevent the most common objections buyers use.
- How to respond to objections you cannot prevent.
- Disarming Honesty: How to gain immediate likeability, trust and credibility.
- Proposed Plan: Lead the buyer seller dance.
- Precision Probes: Uncover the buyer’s hot buttons with questions that reflect an insider’s point of view.
- We have all been taught to “find the pain” – but why?
- Why a “pain-only” approach fails.
- Deeper Diagnostic: How to quickly build the case for why, and why now.
- Call to Action: Set solid appointments.
- Confront Cognitive Dissonance: Preventing NO SHOW’s.
Preparing for Sales Development Calls
- Best practices for organizing your day.
- How to research and prepare for calls.
- Develop your own Capabilities Translator to engage your target market.
The Buyer’s Journey: Gaps and Bridges
- How salespeople add value in the earliest phases of the buyer’s journey
- Hand-off to sales: How to define a sales qualified lead
Lead Follow-up Calls
The Perfect Call for Every Type of Lead
- White paper downloads
- Trade show leads
- Inbound calls
- Freemium accounts
Dealing with Objections
Non-traditional tactics that give you the edge
- Voicemail jail
- Type 1 - Receptionists
- Type 2 - Assistants
- Type 3 – Fact Finders
- Assess your current responses to the most common objections, stalls and put-off’s.
- Find out how to regain control of a sales call as soon as you realize it’s not going well.
Contact Steve today to bring this
program to your team:
What you will receive
- 14 hours of interactive, entertaining and challenging training.
- A course manual that will serve as a reference after the program.
- Top Line Tips: Ongoing sales and sales management tips arrive in your inbox, infrequently enough to be effective