NEGOTIATING WITH THE SAVVY SOFTWARE BUYER BOOTCAMP
One-day hands-on workshop sales professionals discover how to become comfortable and effective when negotiating
Virtual via Zoom or in person
- Click on one of the upcoming dates to register online.
- Contact us by phone at 703-966-0192
- Email Steve directly at email@example.com
What to wear
What to bring
You may benefit from this workshop if…
- You face professional buyers who are skilled negotiators.
- You often end up in lengthy, uncomfortable price negotiations.
- You walk away from negotiations wondering if you are leaving money on the table.
- You want to help your sales team perform under pressure.
- You want to reduce unnecessary discounting.
Most sales training is endured and forgotten. It’s not that salespeople don’t want new sales strategies, but if the message is stale and generic, no one listens.
Fast, Effective Sales Training. We understand that your time is valuable. That’s why we utilize the accelerated learning model to deliver efficient and effective sales training. Spend concentrated, focused time with us and then immediately get back to selling. We cut out the fluff and get down to the nitty gritty.
"When I first heard about this program, I was a little jaded. After 90 days in their territories, 80% of these new reps are now performing at or above quota, compared to 20% at the same point last year. Our business has grown so much that we hired 12 new reps… We really believe in this program. "
Director Federal Direct Marketing Division, Oracle
"The training that we received in Ottawa in January was amazing. I personally, have never had so much fun making cold calls. The techniques & examples that you shared have transformed my initial contacts with Fortune 1000 companies that I am calling. I am having a blast! I am identifying real prospects, and by not wasting their time (and my companies time), I am shortening the sales process, and seeing more success."
Inside Sales Representative, QWEST Software
“It has only been one month since our training, but already I have drastically increased my productivity. Through the use of my new skills I have been able to build better, stronger relationships with my prospects and customers on the phone, as well as better articulate their needs. I cannot say enough how helpful that short time with you has been, especially making the prospecting part work like it never has before."
Sales Rep, FastLane Technologies
“Steve – The training was absolutely phenomenal…your presentation is charismatic, energizing and absolutely a no fail money making proposition. The system is being adopted by a number of our customers - we feel it is a tremendous competitive weapon!! Jackie and I are absolutely shell shocked by how effectively you motivated our troops to get on the phone and prospect!"
- Cheri Comstock
CEO, Focus Tech
The Seven Deadly Sins
- Failure to recognize and deal effectively with a PLAYER
- Failure to recognize the eight principle sources of leverage throughout the sales cycle
- Unilateral concessions
- Negotiating at the wrong time, with the wrong people
- Emotional involvement
- Failure to properly prepare for the negotiation
- The self-fulfilling prophecy: How your beliefs might undercut your ability to establish value
Maximizing Your Negotiating Moments
- How to deal with value objections
- Learn how to avoid making unilateral concessions
- The art of giving concessions: Close the deal without giving up more than you need to concede
- How to make sure your counterpart walks away from the table feeling like a winner
- Negotiating with end users vs. professional buyers vs. legal counsel
- How to regain leverage when the negotiation is heading the wrong way
Understanding “The Player”
Learn how to recognize and deal with the “PLAYER” whose sole purpose is to bring you to your knees on price.
- Two basic negotiation strategies
- Why most sales people start from a position of weakness
- Victim vs. player
Sources of Leverage
Participants will understand the eight primary sources of leverage in the technology buying process and how to continuously enhance their position from the first meeting to the final negotiation.
- Why you have more leverage than you think
- The limits of the buyer’s ability to use leverage
- How to control the eight primary sources of negotiating leverage
Preparing for Your Next Negotiation
- The inner game of negotiating
- How to evaluate the other party's position and relative strength
- How to objectively gauge your own position and relative strength
- Two key lists to prepare prior to the negotiation
- How to prioritize concessions
- The negotiation preparation worksheet
Turn Theory into Reality
Develop and test a plan for a deal you are tracking to close this quarter.
Contact Steve today to bring this
program to your team:
What you will receive
- 7 hours of interactive, entertaining and challenging training.
- A course manual that will serve as a reference after the program.
- Top Line Tips: Ongoing sales and sales management tips arrive in your inbox, infrequently enough to be effective